Tuesday, January 7, 2014

 This is the best sailing hat ever! Thanks Pauly.
I think this is a Cero Makeral. It was delicous.


The journey to Herradura Bay is complete. The boat is anchored out in the bay. We had an uneventful 26-hour sail from Golfito. It was calm much of the time and we had to motor. It was very satisfying to reach the goal and complete the journey. It was longer and more difficult than I envisioned. I think I am my own worst enemy at times. I view challenges with too much optimism. It is always more difficult than I plan for. That is OK, it feels very rewarding to complete the task though it was uncomfortable. I can’t describe the joy of completing this. It is very rewarding.

There is also the wonderment of it all. Such as, "I wonder how this sixty-one year old man can wind up being aloft the mast in a violent storm". Or, "I slipped on the wet floor when the boat was heeling and slammed my head into a bulkhead, I wonder why I do not have a concussion."

I stripped the boat of all the delivery gear. I estimate about 1200 lbs. of weight taken out. That is a calculation by how much the waterline has risen. The boat sails lively like a dinghy now. We are going to sail over to Montezuma soon and scope out the trip as a charter destination. I seem to already miss being underway.

 

More later.

Pura Vida,

Glenn the JungleBoy

07 Enero, 2014

Casa de Olas

Playa Hermosa

Costa Rica


 Does anyone know what this is? It was on the boat when I got it.
 The all purpose bucket.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That Glenn Henderson is some sailor - It is an ATN Tacker. it is used to help a symmetrical fly like an asymmetrical spinnaker by slipping the "u" shaped plastic around a furled genoa.......... Does anyone know what this is? It was on the boat when I got it.

PS Nice Hat